CYCLE FRAME STRUCTURAL DESIGN ENGINEER PDF
INTERESTED? Email us at email@example.com
Why are we here?
We’re obsessed with helping people live a better, healthier, and more fulfilling life. We offer products that make people’s lives better through moments they work so hard for, and the activities they live for.
The question “why?” drives us. We’re unafraid of new challenges, we constantly challenge ourselves, each other, and the status quo. We keep it loose, living for the good times and working hard to make them happen.
If this sounds like the type of company you’d like to be a part of, then we’d love to hear from you.
What’s the role?
This is a great opportunity for a meticulous design focused engineer that yearns to flex creative muscle to shape and improve new and existing product lines. As a Cycle Frame Structural Design Engineer at Trust, you will primarily be charged with the creation and the 3D modeling of future high-performance frame products built with a variety of manufacturing methods including weldments, castings, and composites.
We prioritize education and learning. If you think that you already know everything, then this probably isn’t the right place for you. But if you want to challenge yourself every day, live for a Kaizen environment, and aren’t afraid to speak up, ask questions, and listen intently, then we are your people.
With Trust, you will experience the variety and diversity of projects that would normally be reserved for a design consultancy but with the stability and benefits of a corporate environment. Our process lets designers work on a design from initial sketch through refinement, prototyping and into mass-production.
Who are you?
A self-learning, question asking, paradigm busting, convention challenging, open to any idea kind of person. Fun. An athlete. You have enough SolidWorks and Microsoft excel experience to take on projects and complete them in a timely manner. You are trained in mechanical drafting and are familiar with GD&T. Experienced in the development of alloy and carbon composite bicycle frames and well versed in Asian travel to support their manufacture. Superb at time management and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously. The spirit of the entrepreneur is strong in you - you take ownership of your projects and are driven by a need to leave things better than you found them.
Even though you are an engineer, you have an eye for aesthetics and are a creative thinker with a meticulous eye for detail. You are organized, thorough and able to prioritize; a reliable and self-motivated team player, who’s able to work without close supervision. There are times when things need to be done and done now, and you’re the type of person who thrives under pressure and can professionally accept and provide feedback without getting all emotional about it.
What you need to know.
- It is an absolute MUST to have at least 5 years of mechanical design and engineering of aluminum welded bicycles frames sourced in Asia
- Structural engineering experience including the development of aluminum frame tubes including shaping by mechanical, hydro, and air forming is required
- At least 3 years of mechanical design and engineering of carbon composite bicycle frames
- Understanding of and ability to develop fibrous composite laminate schedules is a plus
- Production magnesium casting experience is a plus
- Solidworks 3D modeling, print dimensioning and tolerancing, both dimensionally and geometrically
- A thorough understanding of materials and processes, especially injection molding, metal stamping, forging, casting, extrusion, weldments, and composites
- Basic design experience (hand sketching / rendering)
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite and standard MS office
- Ability to quickly communicate and develop concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written means, there’s a time for perfection and a time for speed, identify and apply
- Readiness to attend meetings and liaise with Sales, Marketing, Advanced R&D, Asia offices and other teams as required.
- Perform engineering research, testing and development assignments of complexity and variety
- General mechanical knowledge including bicycles and powered vehicles
- Assist legal department with patents and related issues for new and existing product
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- A willingness to identify when a problem is outside of your area of expertise, or if you are stumped, and ask for help before burning a huge amount of time down a dead-end road
- Asia travel and direct interfacing with our Asia teams and vendors
- Have a valid driver’s license and passport
Extra cool if you:
- Are an outdoor enthusiast in mountain biking, motocross, go-karting, breaking stuff, etc.
Salary and benefits:
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure.
Our benefits are designed to encourage a healthy balance between work and life, allowing you to make your own decisions about your wellbeing and future. We offer high value medical and dental insurance to help you and your family get after it without stress. Trust’s financial benefits also include a 401K retirement plan.
INTERESTED? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org