IP LEGAL & TECHNICAL WRITING GENERALIST PDF
INTERESTED? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Are We Here?
We’re obsessed with helping people live a better, healthier, and more fulfilling life by building products to help them make the most of the moments they work so hard for.
In a world where authenticity is rare, Trust is the outlier, strengthening the bond between people, the activities they live for, and each other. We keep it loose – the uncommon “party in the front and business in the back”, living for the good times and working hard to make them happen.
We can do this because we’re inventors, with the pure grit and experience to bring ideas to market that nobody has thought of or seen before. Our team has already changed the world forever, and we’re going to change it again.
The question “why?” drives us. We’re unafraid of new challenges, we constantly challenge ourselves, each other, and the status quo. We’re unwilling to compromise quality, design or performance. Our products are a testament to our attention to detail – visually stunning, with performance judged not only by perceptions, but hard data.
We strive to be the best, but we don’t just talk about it, we get shit done. We win, and in a way that’s not overly serious. We’ve had a lot of fun along the way. We’re the rarest of breeds, the nerds who were also the schoolyard team captains, perfectionists, born workers, born winners, and unwilling losers.
We care deeply about our customers. We provide a concierge level of service not because we have to, but because we want to. We are customers too – we want to set the model for the world for how it’s done right.
Think you have what it takes to join us in taking on the world? Let’s go, the after party is at our place.
What’s the Job?
We need an IP Legal and Technical Writing Generalist to work in our Salt Lake City, Utah office alongside some of the best talent in the bicycle industry. And together we’re going to take on a lot more than bicycles. This is a great opportunity for an experienced IP and technical writing specialist who has a track record of dissecting mechanical problems and explaining them in simple, concrete, and efficiently written terms. As a IP Legal and Technical Writing Specialist at Trust Performance, you will primarily be charged with working with Trust inventors to collate ideas into Utility and Design patent filings, overseeing the timely creation of figures and numbering for patent filings, technical document creation, product legal compliance, and frequent interfacing with and the management of outside legal counsel.
We’re a growing company – we all wear a lot of hats and chip in where we can, so on occasion, the role may be called upon for other contributions that we don’t even know yet. Possibly (no – probably) this will entail changing direction mid-stream and executing the final deliverables - so the usual stuff you’ve probably been doing. Sound familiar?
Our IP Legal and Technical Writing Generalist reports to our Advanced R&D team, but given that we’re a small and tactical unit, you may work on other projects from time to time, and report to their team and project leaders when necessary. This role works closely with our operations team, marketing team, sales team, and product development teams. You’ll possibly do a little traveling, which can be a lot of fun.
We prioritize education and learning. If you think that you already know everything, then this probably isn’t the right place for you. But if you want to challenge yourself every day, live for a Kaizen environment, and aren’t afraid to speak up, ask questions, and listen intently, then we are your people.
Who Are You?
A person who is comfortable talking with and driven to help people of all ages and from all walks of life. A self-learning, question asking, open to any idea kind of person. A person who can focus on the creative side of explaining concepts, while not lose sight of the clerical side of managing consultants and documents. Fun. An athlete, even if only at backyard olympics. Superb at time management and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive in a creative atmosphere where things move fast. Really fast. You aspire to use your words, organization skills, and creative energy to share your understanding of complex ideas in ways that help the uninitiated understand them with ease. The spirit of the entrepreneur is strong in you - you take ownership of your projects and are driven by a need to leave things better than you found them.
You are organized, thorough and able to prioritize; a reliable and self-motivated a team player, who’s able to work without close supervision. There are times when things need to be done and done now, and you’re the type of person who thrives under pressure and can professionally accept and provide feedback without getting all emotional about it. You are going to part of the team that completely obliterates existing industry trends in suspension, now is not the time to be shy, but when really is anyways..?
What You Need to Know:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Applied Engineering or Physics.
- Prior experience writing patent disclosures.
- Prior experience writing technical documents.
- Prior experience working with patent figures.
- Prior experience reviewing and editing general legal contracts and language.
- Prior experience managing outside consultants.
- Great organizational skills, especially in computer storage.
- Experience working with and extracting useful data from co-workers.
- Fluency in MS Office software package.
- Ability to quickly communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written means.
- Readiness to attend meetings and liaise with Sales, Marketing, Advanced R&D, Asia offices and other teams as required.
- Serve as a technical resource to other departments as necessary.
- Assist Customer Service department with technical bulletins for new and existing product.
- Be available to travel for work including meetings with our team members outside of Utah.
- A willingness to identify when a problem is outside of your area of expertise, or if you are stumped, and ask for help before burning a huge amount of time down a dead-end road.
- Have demonstrated an ability to manage to a budget.
- A valid driver’s license.
Extra Cool if You:
- Are an outdoor enthusiast in mountain biking, motocross, side-by-sides, go-karting, etc..
- Have a working knowledge of and experience with suspension systems.
- Have a working knowledge of and experience with electrical and electronic systems.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently and or consistently to move objects. Up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
- Walk, use hands/fingers to feel. Climb stairs or machinery. Balance. Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Use a computer for long periods of time.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure.
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our employees to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future. We will offer high value medical and dental insurance to help you and your family get after it without the stress. In addition, Trust’s financial benefits include a retirement plan.
Call for Portfolios:
If Trust Performance sounds like a company that you want to be part of, and you have the skills that we are looking for, please send us a copy of and link to your portfolio along with your resume submission!
INTERESTED? Email us at email@example.com