MOTION MEDIA DEVELOPER PDF
INTERESTED? Email us at email@example.com
Why Are We Here?
We’re obsessed with helping people live a better, healthier, and more fulfilling life by building products to help them make the most of the moments they work so hard for.
In a world where authenticity is rare, Trust is the outlier, strengthening the bond between people, the activities they live for, and each other. We keep it loose – the uncommon “party in the front and business in the back”, living for the good times and working hard to make them happen.
We can do this because we’re inventors, with the pure grit and experience to bring ideas to market that nobody has thought of or seen before. Our team has already changed the world forever, and we’re going to change it again.
The question “why?” drives us. We’re unafraid of new challenges, we constantly challenge ourselves, each other, and the status quo. We’re unwilling to compromise quality, design or performance. Our products are a testament to our attention to detail – visually stunning, with performance judged not only by perceptions, but hard data.
We strive to be the best, but we don’t just talk about it, we get shit done. We win, and in a way that’s not overly serious. We’ve had a lot of fun along the way. We’re the rarest of breeds, the nerds who were also the schoolyard team captains, perfectionists, born workers, born winners, and unwilling losers.
We care deeply about our customers. We provide a concierge level of service not because we have to, but because we want to. We are customers too – we want to set the model for the world for how it’s done right.
Think you have what it takes to join us in taking on the world? Let’s go, the after party is at our place.
What’s the Job?
We need a Product and Customer Service Manager to work in our Salt Lake City, Utah, office alongside some of the best talent in the bicycle industry. And together we’re going to take on a lot more than bicycles. This is a great opportunity for an experienced media creator who has a track record of creating lifestyle focused imagery and stories that inspire outdoor minded people. Authenticity is key, we’re looking for a special type of person; with a purpose that’s in tune with Trust and why we are here.
As a Motion Media Developer at Trust Performance, you will primarily be charged with creating digital content for our marketing programs. This will include; creating motion media using film and computer 2D animation; and working with and managing Trust’s world class group of athletes and ambassadors during filming, developing stories and concepts, and working with and managing outside creative consultants.
We’re a growing company – we all wear a lot of hats and chip in where we can, so on occasion, the role may be called upon for other contributions that we don’t even know yet. Possibly (no – probably) this will entail changing direction mid-stream and executing the final deliverables - so the usual stuff you’ve probably been doing. Sound familiar?
Our Motion Media Developer reports to our Marketing Manager, but given that we’re a small and tactical unit, you may work on other projects from time to time, and report to their team and project leaders when necessary. This role works closely with our customer and product service, sales team, demo team, and product development teams. You’ll also have client exposure and possibly do a little traveling, which can be a lot of fun.
We prioritize education and learning. If you think that you already know everything, then this probably isn’t the right place for you. But if you want to challenge yourself every day, live for a Kaizen environment, and aren’t afraid to speak up, ask questions, and listen intently, then we are your people.
Who Are You?
A person who can envision many walks of life, how people think, react, and how to reach them in a lasting and emotional way. A self-learning, question asking, open to any idea kind of person. A person who can imagine, storyboard, direct, capture, and produce motion and still visual pieces that inspire active people to get out and live life to the fullest, and in-line with Trust’s brand vibe. A student of the constantly moving social media landscape. Fun. An athlete, even if only at backyard olympics. Superb at time management and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive in a creative atmosphere where things move fast. Really fast. You aspire to inspire people to live their best lives, to see more, to do more, and to do it in an active manner. The spirit of the entrepreneur is strong in you - you take ownership of your projects and are driven by a need to leave things better than you found them.
You are organized, thorough and able to prioritize; a reliable and self-motivated a team player, who’s able to work without close supervision. There are times when things need to be done and done now, and you’re the type of person who thrives under pressure and can professionally accept and provide feedback without getting all emotional about it. You are going to part of the team that completely obliterates existing industry trends in suspension, now is not the time to be shy, but when really is anyways..?
What You Need to Know.
- A strong sense of brand, a working knowledge of the nuance surrounding human perception, interaction, and the ability to innately convey Trust’s brand values through media.
- Prior success in creative teams.
- Prior success in a supervisory role of creative consultants.
- Prior success translating the lifestyle component of a sport to its customers, while communicating technical products in a relatable but not overpowering way.
- The ability to output a high volume of on-brand digital content in a cadence to match the appetite of today’s sporting public.
- Prior success in preproduction planning, developing and storyboarding short videos, films, and stories that riders like.
- A working knowledge of the varying file and size formatting requirements for distribution to web and social media.
- Prior success in media creation for a lifestyle centric brand is a huge plus.
- Prior success in the post production environment.
- Prior success in outdoor action sports filming, including high rate zoom and pan experience.
- Prior experience with indoor filming, lighting, and sound recording.
- Expert knowledge of the latest in camera, sound, and lighting hardware.
- Prior success in sound recording and sound layering.
- Prior success working with riders and other film subjects to create desired content.
- Fluency in Adobe Premier or Apple Final Cut Pro software package.
- Fluency in Adobe After Effects software package. (or Flash at a minimum)
- Fluency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop software packages.
- Fluency in Adobe Lightroom software package is a huge plus.
- Ability to quickly communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written means.
- Readiness to attend meetings and liaise with Sales, Advanced R&D, Asia offices and other teams as required.
- Be available to travel for work including meetings with our team members in Massachusetts, Utah, and maybe an occasional trip to Asia.
- An understanding of the mountain bike and outdoor sports landscapes, and the end users of the products designed for them.
- A willingness to identify when a problem is outside of your area of expertise, or if you are stumped, and ask for help before burning a huge amount of time down a dead-end road.
- Ability to hold people accountable, and in a way that’s supportive and inclusive, not demeaning and exclusive.
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Have demonstrated an ability to manage to a budget.
- Have a valid driver’s license and passport.
Extra Cool if You:
- Can confidently handle yourself on a mountain bike, motocross bike, or BMX bike, for example; jump 15’ doubles, rip laps at the local motocross track, essentially ride the whole mountain in Whistler.
- Are an outdoor enthusiast in mountain biking, motocross, side-by-sides, go-karting, breaking stuff, etc. We may have a few non-enthusiasts on the team, but they’ll probably manage to blend in by wearing greasy T shirts and jeans.
- Are a superstar still photographer.
- Have experience with indoor product photography and videography.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently and or consistently to move objects. Up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally.
- Walk, use hands/fingers to feel. Climb stairs or machinery. Balance. Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Use a computer for long periods of time.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure.
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our employees to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future. We will offer high value medical and dental insurance to help you and your family get after it without the stress. In addition, Trust’s financial benefits include a retirement plan.
Call for Portfolio:
If Trust Performance sounds like a company that you want to be part of, and you have the skills that we are looking for, please send us a copy of and link to your portfolio along with your resume submission!
INTERESTED? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org