PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TEAM LEAD PDF
INTERESTED? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why are we here?
We’re obsessed with helping people live a better, healthier, and more fulfilling life. We offer products that make people’s lives better through moments they work so hard for, and the activities they live for.
The question “why?” drives us. We’re unafraid of new challenges, we constantly challenge ourselves, each other, and the status quo. We keep it loose, living for the good times and working hard to make them happen.
If this sounds like the type of company you’d like to be a part of, then we’d love to hear from you.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a product manufacturing and brand focused Product Team Leader to work in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. This is a great opportunity for a positive energy and experienced candidate who has a track record of managing and tracking deliverables for complex mechanical and electromechanical consumer products from concept through production.
As the Product Team Leader at Trust Performance, you will be working to promote a positive and productive work environment for your team and oversee all production engineering activities worldwide.
We’re a growing company – we all wear a lot of hats and chip in where we can, so on occasion, the role may be called upon for other contributions that we don’t even know yet. This role also works closely with our customer and product service, sales, and demo teams. You’ll also do some traveling, which can be a lot of fun.
Who are you?
A person who strives to get the most out of their teams through defining clear deliverables and helping their teams to achieve them. Someone who gets their hands dirty and can prioritize on the fly when difficult questions need immediate answers. A self-learning, question asking, open to any idea kind of person. Fun. An athlete, even if only at backyard olympics. You inspire people to live their best lives, to see more, to do more, and to do it in an active manner. You are a reliable and self-motivated a team player, who’s able to work without close supervision. You take ownership of your projects and are driven by a need to leave things better than you found them.
What you need to be great at:
- Asking “why?”, Challenging paradigms
- Having; a strong sense of brand, a working knowledge of the nuance surrounding human perception, empathy, interaction, and the ability to innately convey and teach your direct reports to convey Trust’s brand values internally and during external interactions.
- 3+ years experience in manufactured product management and project engineering
- Must demonstrate extensive success sourcing and producing manufactured products in Asia
- Overseeing all aspects of engineering for all production activities worldwide
- Prior success with consumer suspension products brands is strongly preferred
- Prior success in a supervisory role
- Success hiring and maintaining a team that most efficiently executes current and future product development initiatives
- Living Kaizen, leading by example, mentoring young talent
- Asia travel and direct interfacing with our Asia teams and vendors
- Coordinating with our Asia teams to drive vendor production delivery timing and Quality Assurance
- Working within established vendor capabilities, concurrently teaching vendors new manufacturing and assembly methods with a focus on increased quality, capability, and reduced cost
- Managing to a budget
- Excellent project management and project scheduling skills, the ability to track a multitude of projects at once
- Ownership, communication, and daily maintenance of production product development and delivery timelines
- Collaborating with Marketing Team to ensure preplanning for and on-time delivery for samples
- Collaborating with the Sourcing and Production Teams to ensure the highest quality of product quality data analytics is collected during production and post-sale from both test riders and customers, and available for use by Product, Sales, Service, and Marketing departments
- Contributing to a variety of non-production tasks, including working with co-workers and management that don’t have the same experience that you do. Coaching on process workflows, forecasting, and integration of sales, service, marketing and product development practices
- Working directly with, overseeing engineering staff participation in, and directly participating in customer service, product service, and warranty cases, both internally and externally
- General mechanical bicycle knowledge
- Be available to travel for work, and if you are USA based this may include an occasional trip to Asia, we only send our best there
- Serve as a technical resource to other departments as necessary
- Experience working with MS Office, ERP software, and Adobe CS
- Ability to quickly communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written means
- Have a valid driver’s license and passport
Extra cool if you:
- Can confidently handle yourself on a mountain bike, motocross bike, or BMX bike, for example; jump 15’ doubles, rip laps at the local motocross track, essentially ride the whole mountain in Whistler.
- Are an outdoor enthusiast in mountain biking, motocross, side-by-sides, go-karting, breaking stuff, etc.
- Have an ME degree and the ability to review drawings, with dimensional tolerances and GD&T.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently and or consistently to move objects. Up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally.
- Walk, use hands/fingers to feel. Climb stairs or machinery. Balance. Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Use a computer for long periods of time.
Salary and benefits:
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure.
Our benefits are designed to encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They to make your own decisions about your wellbeing and future. We will offer high value medical and dental insurance to help you and your family get after it without the stress. Trust’s financial benefits also include a retirement plan.
INTERESTED? Email us at email@example.com