SUSPENSION ENGINEER PDF
INTERESTED? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why are we here?
We’re obsessed with helping people live a better, healthier, and more fulfilling life. We offer products that make people’s lives better through moments they work so hard for, and the activities they live for.
The question “why?” drives us. We’re unafraid of new challenges, we constantly challenge ourselves, each other, and the status quo. We keep it loose, living for the good times and working hard to make them happen.
If this sounds like the type of company you’d like to be a part of, then we’d love to hear from you.
What’s the role?
This is a great opportunity for a meticulous engineer that yearns to flex creative muscle to shape and improve new and existing product lines. As a Suspension Engineer at Trust, you will primarily be charged with the creation and analysis of hydraulic and pneumatic systems, engineering specifications, engineering release packages for our internal and Asian factories, mechanical parts, testing procedures, manufacturing and assembly procedures, and the 3D modeling of new, old, and future product related items.
We prioritize education and learning. If you think that you already know everything, then this probably isn’t the right place for you. But if you want to challenge yourself every day, live for a Kaizen environment, and aren’t afraid to speak up, ask questions, and listen intently, then we are your people.
With Trust, you will experience the variety and diversity of projects that would normally be reserved for a design consultancy but with the stability and benefits of a corporate environment. Our process lets designers work on a design from initial sketch through refinement, prototyping and into mass-production
Who are you?
Someone who relishes the challenge of understanding how vehicle suspension dampers work and how to make them better. A self-learning, question asking, paradigm busting, convention challenging, open to any idea kind of person. Experienced in the development of dampers, and well versed in Asian travel to support their manufacture. You have enough SolidWorks and Microsoft excel experience to take on projects and complete them in a timely manner. You are trained in mechanical drafting and are familiar with GD&T. Fun. Organized. An athlete. Superb at time management and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously. The spirit of the entrepreneur is strong in you - you take ownership of your projects and are driven by a need to leave things better than you found them.
Although we have an Industrial Design team, you have an eye for aesthetic and are a creative thinker with a meticulous eye for detail. You are organized, thorough and able to prioritize; a reliable and self-motivated a team player, who’s able to work without close supervision. There are times when things need to be done and done now, and you’re the type of person who thrives under pressure and can professionally accept and provide feedback without getting all emotional about it.
What you need to know.
- 5 years of off-road suspension racing, testing, concept, design and execution experience
- Prior experience with consumer products brands is strongly preferred
- 5 years of experience in the calculation, design and analysis of hydraulic circuits, gas springs, damping ratios, and mechanical components like adjusters and detents
- Ability to rebuild dampers and develop products with a simplified service procedure in mind
- Experience with semi-active suspension controls and valving
- 5 years of damper testing experience both in ride and machine testing
- 3 years of experience with electromagnetic dynamometer testing of dampers including a working understanding of CVP, PVP, 3D, and frequency based testing and analysis
- Understanding of o-ring and equivalent gland design including tolerances, surface finishes, seal hardnesses, and other seal factors
- Evaluation and choice of materials and processes to be applied to products
- Experience with data acquisition, Pi-Research and Motec preferred
- Understanding of front and rear damper architectures in automotive and cycle racing
- Ability to work with, manage, and extract useful data from athletes, both amateur and professional
- Ability to create 2D technical drawings with a working knowledge of dimensioning and tolerancing, both dimensionally and geometrically
- General mechanical bicycle and powered vehicle knowledge
- Experience and contacts with suppliers for damper components and accessories Worldwide
- Experience working with MS Office, ERP software, and Adobe CS
- Ability to quickly communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written means, there’s a time for perfection and a time for speed, identify and apply
- Attend meetings, liaise, and serve as a technical resource with Sales, Marketing, Asia offices and other teams as required
- Assist legal department with patents and related issues for new and existing product
- Be available to travel for work including meetings with our team members in Massachusetts, Utah, and frequent travel to Asia and direct interfacing with our Asia teams and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- A willingness to identify when a problem is outside of your area of expertise, or if you are stumped, and ask for help before burning a huge amount of time down a dead-end road
- Have a valid driver’s license and passport
Extra cool if you:
- Have a proficiency and interest in programming and electronics.
- Have worked with electronics packaging, and have a general electrical proficiency.
- Are an outdoor enthusiast in mountain biking, motocross, go-karting, breaking stuff, etc.
Salary and benefits:
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure.
Our benefits are designed to encourage a healthy balance between work and life, allowing you to make your own decisions about your wellbeing and future. We offer high value medical and dental insurance to help you and your family get after it without stress. Trust’s financial benefits also include a 401K retirement plan.
INTERESTED? Email us at email@example.com